15 November 2010

The Strain and The Fall - AMAZING!


Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan kill it! Literally! I just finished reading "The Fall" the latest installment of The Strain Trilogy. These books do not follow the typical vampire mythology. I figured that I should read something scary around the Halloween holiday - and I chose correctly. The virus breaks out in NYC (of course) but the characters are like none others in any other vampire stories out there. The authors really take advantage of the diversity of NYC in the backgrounds of the characters. There is a former Mexican wrestler who plays a large role in the second book - complete with Spanish slang and wrestling culture. I cannot wait until the final installment set to come out in 2011 - The Night Eternal. I also think that with Del Toro's amazing directorial eye, once these books are turned into movies, people will look at Vampires in a whole different light.

No comments: